Merchant Banking Division, Real Estate, Construction, Vice President- Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks a Vice President within the Merchant Banking Division's Real Estate team. The Real Estate team supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions, asset management, construction and development oversight, financings and dispositions for the firm's real estate investments.
The primary role of Construction is investment oversight for real estate investments (debt and equity) with a significant development and construction component across all asset classes. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS MBD Construction - Vice President - Key Requirements
- Ability to manage risk on large projects through our internal team and third party development managers
- Assess risk relating to building cost, schedule, design and entitlement status during the due diligence phase and manage operating partners during the execution phase of major development projects
- Manage joint venture partner relationships as primary interface or in conjunction with other asset managers as specific deals and resource availability dictate
- Work closely with asset managers across MBD on strategic decisions relating to deployment of capital to maximize asset value
- Identify and assess risks on deals during underwriting. Candidate must demonstrate strong awareness of the types of risks encountered on different project types.
- Evaluate investment opportunities to determine if projected costs and schedules can be realized
- Assess joint venture operating partners to ensure GS investments are staffed properly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5+ years of experience
- Candidate should demonstrate progressive responsibility managing large commercial and residential ground up development and major renovation projects.
- Primary experience should be as a project manager working for a contractor or real estate developer/owner.
- Experience working as an architect/engineer early in career is helpful but candidate must demonstrate project management expertise.
- Candidate should understand the entire real estate development cycle from entitlement/zoning through design and permitting and ultimately construction; experience across multiple product types a plus.
- Possess and demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate concerns and status to peers and senior leadership.
- Some travel required and must be able to adapt to changing requirements as deal flow and activity fluctuate.
- Undergrad in architecture, engineering or construction management or similar; Master's degree a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity