Mortgage Relationship Manager
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Mortgage Relationship Manager
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association ("MSPBNA") offers banking and credit products and services, including securities-based lending, mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit primarily to Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's high net worth clients.
MSPBNA is seeking to hire multiple candidates for the position of Mortgage Relationship Manager. This role will act as the single point of contact for clients, Financial Advisors and Personal Bankers throughout the home loans mortgage origination cycle (application to funding).
• Ability to work as part of team within a geographic complex/branch coverage model.
• Assist in the design and development of fulfillment operations, documenting procedures, testing, training and recruitment efforts.
• Identify operational inefficiencies that arise as part of the team dynamic and suggest process improvements.
• Ability to multi task while balancing a pipeline and client escalations.
• Sole point of contact for clients, Financial Advisors and Private Bankers post Intent to Proceed Acknowledgement.
• Act as the escalation point for issues involving Private Bankers, Financial Advisors and internal Morgan Stanley associates.
• Act as the escalation point for issues involving client experience and provide timely solutions.
• Oversee management for pipeline of loans in fulfillment.
• Manage and negotiate counter offers when needed.
• Coordinate with external teams to complete fulfillment and ensure timely closings.
• Accountable for satisfaction of conditions for underwriting approval and product/pricing negotiations as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and regulations.
• Reports to Mortgage Relationship Supervisor.
• 4-8 years of retail mortgage originations experience (Operations/Fulfillment or Sales).
• Experience in Client Relationship Management roles.
• Proven track record in quality loan production while maintaining a large client base.
• Underwriting experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Has to be eligible for employment with an FDIC-insured institution and able to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry ("NMLS") as a mortgage loan originator.
• Deep knowledge of mortgage products and extensive client service experience.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize and plan accordingly.
• Proactively manage loan escalations as needed to ensure a timely resolution while providing an enhanced client experience.
• Aspects of the job will contain a variety of systems to operate for accurate reporting and tracking.
• Understanding and knowledge of call center operations best practices.
• Proven ability to meet individual and organizational goals within a production environment
• Outstanding written, verbal, and analytical skills.