Operations - Global Markets Change Management - Global Markets Change Management - Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will be responsible for documenting user requirements, reengineering business processes, liaising with Technology to design and approve solutions, resolving project issues across multiple stakeholder groups, coordinate user acceptance testing, including creation of test scripts and plans and produce any required plans to successfully transition new systems and processes into the operating environment. A proven track record in delivering projects through the full development lifecycle is essential, as well as a commercial mindset, strong interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and a desire to deliver quantifiable benefits to a fast paced organisation. Whilst many projects are focused on the local regional offices, the role requires strong partnership with our projects team in London, Bangalore and New York to ensure we produce globally consistent solutions to shared issues and opportunities across the organization. Responsibilities
- Manage the planning/implementation of projects within Global Markets Division
- Undertake business analysis tasks on current operational workflows to redesign and document requirements for any new technology solutions.
- Identify and communicate the impact of business requirements on functional processes, work with impacted areas to implement those changes.
- Partner with Technology to create solutions that are technically viable and operationally acceptable.
- Capture business benefits, ensure solutions will deliver the benefits and track the delivery of those benefits to the department.
- Production of project plans in partnership with Technology, management of changes to those plans in a controlled manner.
- Facilitate communication across multiple areas including Sales teams, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments. Liaise with global counterparts to ensure best practices and global consistency.
- Define quality assurance and testing approach for projects. Document test cases and scripts, and run various types of testing phases including user acceptance, production data, production parallel, and conversion tests.
- Develop migration strategies for the operational processes, including risk mitigation, conversion and recovery plans.
- Perform post implementation reviews, including benefits analysis and lessons learned reviews.
- Work with product owner to build the strategic vision and forward looking 6-12 month roadmap and refine the backlog
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10-15 years' relevant experience, preferably in a business analysis / project / program management function
- Strong analytical and business analysis experience, including process analysis
- Project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; User Acceptance Test execution
- A proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects. Has delivered results in a cross functional team setting, on time and to budget
- Extensive leadership experience demonstrated through empowerment, situational awareness, increasing transparency and conflict resolution on a large-scale Agile program
- Familiarity with non-Scrum flavors of Agile (Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Must be hands-on, able and willing to work with teams while coaching them to reach efficient and effective performance levels
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Use facilitation skills to lead data gathering, analysis and design efforts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker able to identify cross functional issues, provide innovative solutions, and communicate the implications of solutions across existing processes, systems and teams, e.g. costs, risk, service
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures
- 3 years of hands-on Agile program leadership experience in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.),
- Experience developing products using customer and design-centric practices
- Knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks, Agile Testing practices
- Experience on tools like JIRA and JIRA Portfolio
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity