Payroll Specialist, Full-time (Temporary Assignment)
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to collect and transmit all required data to Payroll Central Business Administration Function to ensure the accurate payment of wages to all district employees. You will also help maintain all records related to payroll processing. You will be based in Dallas, TX.
- Perform verification on merits, variable pay, overtime, rotating shift pay, direct deposit election, W4 elections, garnishments, meals, and transportation passes for semi-monthly payrolls.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and side ledgers
- Direct and process time sensitive information.
- Calculate appropriate pay for terminating employees (cashing out vacation), nonexempt overtime pay and resulting gain sharing incentives. Consult with benefits staff and other HR staff to initiate no pay actions are required by leaves and military differential pay (if appropriate).
- Verify and process all paperwork required to onboard new employees.
You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED, some college Accounting and Math preferred
- One or more years of payroll or accounting experience
- Payroll processing knowledge
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge using a human capital management platform and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
You will report to the Director of Total Rewards who manages the benefits, compensation, payroll, and data analytics team members. We are a collaborative, dynamic team of accomplished specialists with a thoughtful focus on providing excellent customer service while encouraging a culture of innovation.
Our Benefits - You can select benefit plans that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career!
- Health, dental and vision coverage that is tops in the nation and low-cost
- Savings Thrift (401K) Plan with a 100% match up to 6%, including a pension plan
- Paid vacation and 11 paid Bank holidays; flexible work environment, healthy workflow
- Opportunities to participate in employee resource groups to learn more about your colleague
- Healthy lifestyle assistance through an on-site fitness center, subsidized cafeteria with healthy food options
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free on-site underground parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement: $15,000 graduate degree, $7,500 undergraduate degree
- Workday volunteer opportunities and so much more!
Why the Fed
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is dedicated to serving the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We have opportunities aside from Finance and Banking Supervision and regulation that range from electricians to law enforcement, and many more. We welcome differing perspectives and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture.
Are you ready to make a difference?
By federal law, we ask that you fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
Position may be filled at multiple levels depending upon the experience and qualifications of the applicant. Employment is contingent upon you passing a financial credit check. Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Temporary Work Shift:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time