Real Estate Investment Associate
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
Real Estate Investment Associate
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE -- COMMERCIAL DEBT AND EQUITY INVESTMENTS
New York Life Real Estate Investors has an immediate opening for a Real Estate Investment Associate in its Southwest Regional Office located in Dallas, Texas.
The Investment Associate will primarily support real estate debt originators and will be involved in all aspects of the transaction origination process including underwriting, research, due diligence, and closing. Financial modeling, investment analysis and preparation of internal investment memoranda are the core aspects of the job.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to: develop a solid career in commercial real estate, work on complex and creative transactions, and interact with many of the premier players in the industry. The right person has useful experience/training and is interested in real estate and finance as a career. The right candidate has strong analytical abilities, communicates clearly, can think quickly on their feet and multi-task, enjoys working hard, is outgoing and enjoys working cooperatively on a team.
With nearly $50 billion in assets under management, New York Life Real Estate Investors is one of the largest real estate investment advisors in the country and a leading provider of real estate capital. Real Estate Investors focuses on the origination of real-estate-related debt and equity investments on behalf of New York Life Insurance Company and our third-party investors. Our three investment platforms include: Commercial Mortgage Loans, Direct Equity Investment and Real Estate Securities Investment (CMBS and REIT debt). More information on the Company can be found at: www.nylrealestate.com.
The Southwest Regional Office is responsible for the origination of commercial debt investments throughout the Southwest United States. Major markets include Dallas, Houston, Austin, Denver and Kansas City.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Strong analytical, quantitative and technical skills -- including significant experience using Argus and Excel software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Clear thinker, creative yet thorough problem-solver, strong research skills
- Positive demeanor, outgoing personality and the ability to work cooperatively with other team members
- The ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, multi-task, negotiate competing priorities
- Self-motivated, pro-active, sense of urgency, conscientious, takes pride in providing high quality work product
- Solid working knowledge of commercial real estate including office buildings, shopping centers, apartments and industrial warehouse buildings.
A four-year BA or MBA degree is required preferably with a concentration in Finance, Real Estate, or Accounting. The candidate should have two to four years of real estate investment/underwriting experience preferably working for an institutional investment company, commercial lender, brokerage company, appraisal firm or related commercial real estate firm. Proficiency in Argus, Microsoft Excel, and Word is required .
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.