Receptionist (Free Lunch & Health Insurance) Location: Dallas
Job Code: 349
# of Openings: 1
Highland Capital Management, L.P. (together with its affiliates Highland) is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment manager founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada. A pioneer in the leveraged loan market, the firm has evolved over 25 years, building on its credit expertise and value-based approach to expand into other asset classes. Today, Highland operates a diverse investment platform, serving both institutional and retail investors worldwide. In addition to high yield credit, Highlands investment capabilities include public equities, real estate, private equity and special situations, structured credit, and sector- and region-specific verticals built around specialized teams. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in Rio de Janeiro and Seoul.
Highland Capital has an immediate opening for bright, hard-working individual to join our Administrative Team. This is a vast opportunity to contribute directly to a reputable, fast moving company. This position requires a highly organized, confidential, mature and motivated individual who will interface with both internal and external professionals at every level.
- Answer all incoming calls and transfer to appropriate parties in a prompt and professional manner
- Greet clients and guests accordingly to assist them with their needs, including guest Wi-Fi
- Daily interaction with high-level clients both internally and externally, as well as our other national and international offices
- Responsible for all front desk duties: maintain concierge manual, gym and parking setup, main board room calendar/setup, mail and package transactions (including NYC mail delivery), dry cleaning service, Crescent building management (correspondence and maintenance jobs), and supervising all vendor deliveries
- Perform general office duties: manage all incoming faxes, intranet documents, company correspondence, maintain all phone lists (includes portfolio companies), office supply management, and various errands for the office as needed (on and off-site)
- Responsible for vendor coordination and vendor invoice approval
- Must exhibit high degree of discretion as relates to safeguarding confidential information
- Assist executive assistants with ad hoc tasks and projects
- Assist with event planning and implementation of marketing materials as needed for special events
- Work with all departments (Tax, Human Resources, etc.) and perform ad hoc duties as needed
- Place catering order for Friday lunches
- Bachelors Degree required
- Strong academic background in a fast paced environment preferably in Finance, Marketing, or a recent graduate with solid internships
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an administrative/receptionist role environment is preferred
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem solving-skills, organizational skills, as well as a high level of detail orientation
- Works well in team setting
- Strong verbal and written communication, flexible, polished, professional, and outgoing
- A self-starter with strong multi-tasking and follow-through skills, while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Must be mature, thoughtful, and articulate and have the confidence to interact with clients and investors when necessary
- Ability to thrive in an independent, entrepreneurial, and relatively unstructured-environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
Highland offers a competitive base salary and bonus based on experience and performance. Highland offers a generous benefits package that includes an industry leading health insurance plan with no employee premiums or deductibles and a 401(k) plan with employer match. Highlands talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to teamwork, and pride based on the firms track record in the alternative investment industry. Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer Are you a returning applicant?
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password .