Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, VP - NYC/Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Dallas and other major financial centers around the world.
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and non-financial risks in support of the firm's Risk Appetite Statement and the firm's strategic plan. Operating in a fast paced and dynamic environment and utilizing the best in class risk tools and frameworks, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude to challenge, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for identifying and managing risks across traditional risk stripes (credit, market, liquidity, operational) and ensuring that those risks are managed systemically. To fulfill these objectives, Enterprise Risk Managements interfaces with a wide array of businesses and risk management groups across the firm. The cross-disciplinary nature of the projects that the team engages in makes for a rewarding and multifaceted work environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Primary functions of ERM:
- Risk Identification: categorize all financial and non-financial risks of the firm; identify any new and emerging risks; curate and prioritize a list of top risks faced by the firm and keep senior leadership of the division and the firm informed of the firm's overall risk profile
- Scenario Design and Stress Testing: coordinate the development of regulatory stress tests (CCAR) as well as scenarios centred around economic, political or geopolitical events; assess the impact on the firm arising from these scenarios and identify appropriate risk management actions
- Risk Management: manage and coordinate firmwide risks across different risk stripes; calibrate board- and division-level limits on the basis of regulatory stress tests; assess and manage risks at the country level and also from global phenomenon such as climate change
- Committee Management: manage the Enterprise Risk Committee, the most senior risk committee of the firm, as well as the Risk Governance Committee, the most senior risk oversight committee within the Risk Division
- Interact with stakeholders within the Risk Division and across other Divisions to help enhance and drive consistency across the firm's risk management processes
- Engage with representatives from across the Firm to identify and appropriately categorize and prioritize financial and non-financial risks
- Contribute to the design and implementation of scenarios for stress tests
- Help to drive and create presentations or other reporting for senior risk committees focused on key risks, internal/external event reviews and/or new initiatives
- Assist in coordinating and driving agenda setting for select risk committees at the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-8 years of work experience
- Strong analytical, presentational and communication skills
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interact with internal risk experts, business units and various stakeholders outside of the Risk Division, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity