Risk Management Analyst
Business Control & Risk Management, Sr. Analyst Req ID: opbEdfwb Date posted 09/30/2020
A successful candidate:
Monitors activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk including root cause analysis, risk identification, control design and effectiveness. Builds strong working relationships with colleagues and business partners and takes action needed to achieve a smooth process flow. Takes initiatives and displays a willingness to learn; should drive assigned tasks to completion. Maintains professional behavior at all times and is accountable for the quality and timeliness of their work. Has the ability to perform root-cause analysis, problem solve and provide direction on solutions to business challenges. Always assesses opportunities for process improvement within the business processes they support as well as enhancements to the overall control environment. Has the business acumen and perspective to understand the role Business Controls plays in keeping SC compliant.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Verification and/or validation of implemented controls including on-site observations, interviews with management and staff, facilitate the creation and maintenance of process maps, analytical procedures and statistical/judgmental analysis and testing of data.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Receives, reviews and provides feedback for process and/or vendor assessments
- Reports audit results and determines corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Foundational understanding of the regulatory environment and how the products/services Santander Consumer engages in are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and Regulators.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.