Risk, Operational Risk, Operational Resilience, Associate - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Organization:
Risk Division, Operational Risk Team / Role:
Operational Resilience Level/Location:
Analyst / Associate, Dallas
The Operational Risk Department at Goldman Sachs is an independent risk management function responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
This Analyst/Associate Operational Resilience role is for a professional with interest to become a subject matter expert dedicated to actively employ and strengthen the components of the firm's operational risk management framework. This role will be responsible to continuously identify, monitor, measure and assess the firm's global operational resilience landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the firm's global operational resilience framework (policies, governance and minimum standards) to ensure a front-to-back approach to operational readiness and response to business disruption events
- Serve as 2 nd line challenger to divisional scenario-based business impact analyses and business continuity plans
- Maintain a qualitative/quantitative operational resilience appetite/tolerance with associated metrics at the divisional level. Maintain ongoing monitor, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions of the relevant metrics
- Understand the regulatory authorities around their approach to operational resilience including representing the firm on a number of sector-wide working groups and forums
- Conduct analysis of resilience risks and controls and challenge the RCSA ratings of these risks and controls
- Engage and liaise with internal stakeholder groups (HCM, CWS, OGS, Operations, Engineering, etc.) that have oversight of processes relevant to the firm's operational resilience approach which is to prevent, protect, respond and adopt/learn from disruptive events
- Participate in the firm's capital and stress-testing scenario analyses relevant to the firm's business disruption risks
- Understand the operational risk methods and practices and align the firm's operational risk management processes with the operational resilience framework
- Be apprised of operational resilience events and data collection including reporting when necessary; perform detailed reviews of trends to identify significant risks and ensure monitoring and remediation
- Participate in New Activity review and ensure resilience risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Create and present divisional risk profile assessments by highlighting risk issues and trends to senior divisional managers and senior Operational Risk management team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of key flows and functions of a global Investment Bank
- Strong client / stakeholder management skills with strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Project management skills, including monitoring and reporting project performance
- Strong analytical abilities, including the use of data and visualization of data to aid strategy discussion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong delivery focus
- Ability to work in a team environment and knowledge share with other colleagues within team
- Possess a Bachelor's or equivalent degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity