Senior Auditor / Auditor
About the Role:
Currently, the Audit department is looking for a versatile Senior Auditor or Auditor in Dallas, TX. You will contribute to the completion of audit engagements. You will be the auditor-in-charge of operational and financial audits, direct multiple assisting auditors at several levels, execute audit plans, and oversee progress and completion. You may represent the District or System Audit community on System and District projects, work groups, competency centers, and knowledge forums.
The Senior Auditor or Auditor operates in a proactive manner while working under limited or general guidance, respectively. You will maintain expertise in the operations of one or more operations with low to moderate complexity as a part of the Audit Liaison Program.
- Work with Audit management and staff to develop the annual audit plan
- Develop and lead audit plans and goals and monitor projects to ensure audit procedures are employed and work is documented following the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and departmental procedures
- Be the auditor-in-charge for audits with low to high complexity under the guidance of Audit department management
- Assess the effectiveness of financial and operational internal controls and the condition of operations, evaluate risks, and document results to all levels of management
- Participate on department, District or System workgroups and projects, and System audit competency centers and knowledge forums
- Perform follow-up on reported observations and documents results
- Develop and evaluate internal audit programs for the activities of different departments to ensure compliance with the organization`s policies, procedures and standards
- Determine proper accountability of assets and audit accounting records, including contract agreements in which the organization is involved
- Maintain trusted relationships with Bank management, and peers throughout the Federal Reserve System
- Prepare reports for management on the results of audits, providing recommendations on improvements
- Communicate with and assist outside auditors to expedite their work
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field of study
- CPA, CIA, or other industry recognized professional certification required for Senior Auditor and preferred for Auditor
- Two (Auditor) to five (Senior Auditor) years of relevant professional experience in auditing or a related field
- An understanding of operational and business concepts, risk assessment practices, and internal controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills required to deal with all levels of management
- Ability to negotiate and resolve disagreements and differences
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with experience analyzing processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment/Risk Management processes
- Ability to apply comprehensive and creative solutions to solve complex problems with some guidance and direction, or while working independently
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together were creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
Annual tuition reimbursement
Professional development programs, training and conferences
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The selected candidate for this position will be required to pass a criminal background check; selected candidates may be required to complete a job-related assessment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
. Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time