Senior Representative, Disability Claims
- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Senior Representative, Disability Claims
Alternate locations: Cleveland, OH (Ohio); New York, NY (New York)
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
For more than 170 years, New York Life has kept every promise made to our policyholders and their loved ones - whether to help pay for final expenses, send a child to college, or create an inheritance. We are now looking for strong customer service representatives to join our Claims & Benefits team.
Under the direction of the Manager, the Senior Disability Representative is responsible for supporting the delivery of a positive disability waiver of premium claims customer experience for our policyholders and agents of New York Life. The representative will be required to review, approve and deny continuing disability waiver of premium claims while adhering to Fair Claims Practice regulations, service standards and corporate policies. The representative will recommend approval or denial of claims over their designated authority level, initiate claims investigations, review medical records and reports and recommend referral to Office of General Counsel when appropriate. The representative is required keep abreast of claim related legal principles along with product knowledge. The representative is required to have detailed knowledge of claims systems, customer records and work with a high degree of accuracy and independence. The representative is required to explain situations clearly along with the ability to use negotiation and facilitation skills when dealing with highly sensitive customer situations, both verbally and written.
- Developed knowledge and skills in a variety of work processes through formal training and considerable work experience.
- Developed the skills to be responsible for analyzing disability claims, understanding rider language and determining appropriate claim requirements based of a claim's facts.
- Prepared well written communications to insureds/representatives, internal and external counsel, underwriting and senior management.
- Must have excellent verbal and listening skills, be detailed oriented and have the desire and ability to provide customer service in a professional positive manner while maintaining an empathetic voice with the customer/agent.
- Takes ownership of complex cases and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Works autonomously within established guidelines with a limited degree of supervision.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments.
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Adheres to Fair Claims Practices, regulations, NYL Claims service standards, Delegation of Authority and Corporate policies.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred (high school diploma/GED required)
- 2 years of disability claims experience highly preferred
- Strong PC skills to include Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to navigate multiple applications during call handling
Training & Development
Senior Disability Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8am - 6pm during the work week.
Competitive full-time base hourly rate, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid vacation, Health care, 401K match, Pension plan, Tuition assistance, & Flexible spending accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including supervisory, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.