> Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Specialist, Pyxis Job Location US-IL-Chicago | US-TX-Dallas
Job ID 2020-4564
Posted Date 10/15/2020
Category Private Equity Group
Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-IL-Chicago
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the worlds most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling todays urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.
WHERE YOU'LL FIT WITHIN THE TEAM
seeks a Senior Specialist who can lead in the strengthening and coordination of Pyxis rapidly growing client base and revenue. We are looking for someone with the ability to help lead the analytics portion of Pyxis business and maintain ongoing world class delivery times, quality control, use cases and systems. Ideally, this position helps lead alternative data analytics in coordination with Bain Consulting and other Bain departments to ensure a cohesive approach in how alternative data is used throughout the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze, clean and structure raw alternatives data sets (e.g. credit card data, email receipt data, amazon order data, clickstream data, foot traffic data) to generate actionable findings in conjunction with Bain consulting teams.
- Guide consulting teams on how to best use the data to develop relevant findings.
- Brainstorm relevant and cutting edge ways to use and integrate alternative data into Bain and Bain clients processes and strategy development.
- Maintain and develop analytical tools and develop catalogs of analytical frameworks conducted to date.
- Able to quickly distribute project information to relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Maintain strong verbal communication including project updates, information sharing across teams, risks and escalation of issues to Pyxis Leadership and Client Partner.
- Ambition to be part of a small, agile team within Bain, with a drive to actively participate in making the organization work better and enhance a culture that continually attracts top-tier talent.
- At least 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, investment management or big data analytics.
- Experience in the creation, execution, and insights associated with data.
- Lead by example, empowering your teammates to generate world-class, accurate work.
- Can manage the sale, execution and delivery of projects with little to no help and advise on how to best use the analytical output.
- Ability to lead a team to create quality, flawless data analytics, and insights.
- A champion for innovation that positively impacts the clients and Pyxis bottom line.
- Proficient Excel spreadsheet domination.
- Ideally, some familiarity with a range of analytics software (Alteryx, Tableau).
- Problem solver, calm and solutions-oriented in stressful situations.
Irrespective of an individuals specific background, the successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, as well is customer service orientated
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive - someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; roll up the sleeves type of attitude
- Bright both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, real-world sense of what is actually do-able. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise with interpersonal presence; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development; well-connected, with an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships
- Inspirational Leadership - track record of managing high-performing, service-oriented team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
- A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom Bainies and clients go out of their way to work
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoors Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS