Software Development Engineer
> Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Staff Software Engineer, Data Engineering, Global Engineering Job Location US-CA-Palo Alto | US-CA-Palo Alto | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-MA-Boston | US-NY-New York | US-TX-Dallas
Job ID 2020-4429
Posted Date 9/15/2020
Category Advanced Analytics
Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-CA-Palo Alto
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the worlds most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling todays urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
Bains Global Engineering Team leads the firms software development efforts and defines engineering standards for Bain globally. The team ships software solutions to address client and internal needs, ranging from iterative prototypes to enterprise-grade production software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will solve cutting-edge problems for a variety of industries as a software engineer specializing in Platform Infrastructure and DevOps. As a member of a diverse engineering team, you will participate in the full engineering life cycle which includes designing, developing, optimizing, and deploying new machine learning solutions and infrastructure at the production scale of the worlds largest companies.
- Partner with Data Science, Machine Learning, and Platform Engineering teams to develop and deploy production quality code
- Develop and champion modern Data Engineering concepts to technical audience and business stakeholders
- Implement new and innovative deployment techniques, tooling, and infrastructure automation within Bain and our clients.
- This position will be located in Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Boston, Dallas, Austin, Seattle, or remotely
- Travel is required (~20%)
Scope, architect, design, develop, build, and release robust and scalable Data Engineering solutions for structured and unstructured data
- Build large-scale batch and real-time cloud based distributed data systems to provide low latency delivery of high-quality data.
- Enable real time and batch processed machine learning solutions
- Enable users to access and interact with their data by providing APIs, micro-services, and applications.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and implementation details
- Data lake, data warehouse, or data mart solutions.
- Data models that are flexible, easy to understand, and enable data insights.
- Champion next generation data architecture strategies in data pipeline, analysis, and storage solutions.
Develop infrastructure and deployment platform to enable production data science and machine learning engineering development
- Participate in the full software development life cycle including designing distributed systems, writing documentation and unit/integration tests, and conducting code reviews.
- Develop and improve infrastructure including CI/CD, microservice frameworks, distributed computing, and cloud infrastructure needed to support this platform.
- Design and develop frameworks to automate data ingestion, analysis, visualization, and integration of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources.
Provide technical guidance to external clients and internal stakeholders in Bain
- Explore new technical innovations in the machine learning and data engineering to improve customer results.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of experience programming with Python, Scala, C/C++, Java, C#, Go, or similar programming language.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL or NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hive, HBase, Teradata, Cassandra, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake.
- 2+ years of experience working on public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure), and associated deep understanding of failover, high-availability, and high scalability.
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Open source distributed computing and database frameworks such as Apache Flink, Ignite, Presto, Apex, Cassandra and HBase.
- Real-time steaming distributed data processing using Apache Flink, Storm, Amazon Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or Apache Beam.
- Deployment best practices using CI/CD tools and infrastructure as code (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform).
- Experience with administering and managing Kubernetes clusters (EKS, GCP, or AKS) and Helm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain and discuss technical concepts and methodologies with colleagues and clients from other disciplines.
- Agile development methodology
- Engineering distributed systems and database internals (including handling consensus, availability, distributed query processing etc.).
- Deploying end-to-end logging solutions such as the EFK stack.
- Grafana dashboards.
- Elements of the PyData ecosystem including Cython, Numpy, Numba, Pandas, and Dask.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
We are proud to be as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoors Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS