Software Development Engineer
Come join our growing Dallas based team as we deliver on the Investment Research divisions digital transformation strategy. Our team of engineers are developing cutting-edge systems for some of the industrys most complex problems.Enabling Goldman Sachs research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. Youll join the team as we embark on the next generation of our digital platform, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media and multi-channel content distribution.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We work on a diverse set of Technology platforms
- We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
- We are one of the first business units to move our infrastructure and services to the cloud.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years relevant commercial experience
- Full-stack development experience with Java and RESTful service layer with front-end client side framework e.g. AngularJS, REACT
- A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing complex Java modules and providing support
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Adobe products
- Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
- Agile methodologies
- Experience working in a global team