Analyst, Sales and Use Tax Job ID 20000708 Dallas, Texas
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Property Tax Services assists clients in identifying tax saving opportunities by reviewing their tangible property portfolio and associated property tax assessments and liabilities.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- The Sales and Use Tax Analyst candidate will work with our indirect tax team on a variety of state and local tax projects. The role encompasses tax research and analysis, including preparation of written memoranda and other analysis as well as assisting with managing large scale tax projects. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and organized and able to work effectively as part of a larger team or individually, have a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor and possess a strong desire to learn and a natural intellectual curiosity. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Collaborate with and coordinate team members to assist with management of projects
- Oversee retrieval, validation and reconciliation of audit data inputs
- Document retrieval and organization to support sales and use tax audit defense
- Assist clients with business license compliance matters
- Prepare audit submissions, work papers and memorandums
- Participate in audit presentation of data analysis and taxability research
- Conduct data analysis and work paper preparation for reverse audit projects to ensure identification and recapture of refund opportunities
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to analyze raw data from ERP systems to reconcile to trial balances and sales and use tax returns
- Experience working with audits and reverse audits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel
- Ability to draft filings, such as refund claims, petitions for redetermination, and various other administrative replies
- Good organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Requires Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Travel Required
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.