Technology Risk Officer/Technician
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers dont just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The Information Security Officer for CIMD Technology Risk will be part of a team that manages the technology risk portfolio and roadmap. This individual works with broad range of risk partners across the firm to implement and adopt security solutions. In this position, you will have tremendous impact and bring ideas about how to take our Technology Risk team to the next level.
- Build the overall risk profile of the division and work with stakeholders to create a plan towards reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialized manner.
- Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions.
- Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers.
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have technology impact.
- Contribute to the overall risk profile of the division and work with stakeholders to create a plan towards reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialized manner.
- Contribute to global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services.
- Develop, maintain, and improve Technology Risk Program reflecting new emerging risks.
- Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security and BCP within the region.
- Facilitate and champion program initiatives.
- 1+ years (analyst) of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development.
- 1 or more years of experience in Information Security, BCP, Technology Controls or Technology Risk Management fields is a significant advantage.
- Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations.
- Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise.
- Ability to analyze internal and external processes and integration to understand risk.
- Ability to assess and evaluate corporate risk tolerance and translate into goals and new processes including software engineering, IT teams, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Understanding of relevant audit and control standards and the ability to drive and maintain the compliance initiative across the organization.
- Experience collaborating with a team of security experts in a diverse set of security topics including, but not limited to, security architecture, financial controls and regulatory compliance, identity and access management, penetration testing, data loss prevention, network security, security monitoring, white box testing/static code analysis, and building secure systems.
- Experience with risk management methodologies such as, but not limited to, FAIR.
- Experience in Financial Industry/Fintech is a plus.