Web Developer / ServiceNow Administrator (ETO) - Production Runtime Experience (PRE)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FOUNDATIONAL TECHNOLOGY GROUP develops common solutions for managing our infrastructure including enterprise monitoring, alerting, system configuration management, provisioning and service management to reduce risk and operating costs within our environment.
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO's Engineering team(s) apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. ETO Engineers drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology's runtime environment. ETO Engineering team(s) uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank's systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems. An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
The ServiceNow Administrator will be responsible for supporting ongoing business needs for ServiceNow configuration, implementation and support. This position will focus on gathering and documenting user, process and functional requirements and developing technical requirements. In addition, the position will be responsible for scripting custom workflows, onboarding and off boarding new employees, deploying ServiceNow configurations, testing configurations, overall governance and managing the CMDB. Additional responsibilities include: • Explaining the difference between application configurations and customizations • Describing best practices for reporting efficiencies within the ServiceNow platform • Identifying various factors affecting performance • Discussing different data paths into the ServiceNow platform RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web applications
• Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps.
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews.
• Keep abreast of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined.
• Responsible for supporting ongoing business needs for ServiceNow configuration, implementation and support
• Focus on gathering and documenting user, process and functional requirements and developing technical requirements for ServiceNow platform.
• Responsible for scripting custom workflows, onboarding and off boarding new employees, deploying ServiceNow configurations, testing configurations, overall governance and managing the CMDB.
• ServiceNow: Perform system and application configuration and management. Provide level 2 customer support of tickets assigned to the ServiceNow team
• ServiceNow: Provides analysis of problems while working toward solutions to technical issues
• ServiceNow: Complete development, configuration and workflow administration to support business processes in the platform
• ServiceNow: Provides training to users. Responsible for access control, security, minor enhancements such as form or workflow editing, and UAT/Regression testing of any development
• ServiceNow: Developing, testing, deploying and updating workflows and approval flows and rules
• ServiceNow: Develop systems integrations and process automation - fully utilizing the platform's workflow capabilities
• ServiceNow: Actively manages the life-cycle of the platform. During upgrades, perform features analysis and their impact to the current platform, gap analysis on the customizations and their impact in the upgrade and perform upgrades.
• ServiceNow: Document technical architectures that could be clearly understood and immediately used by developers to construct code and unit test.
• ServiceNow: Define the best practices and drive the developers to follow the best practices.
• ServiceNow: Document business requirements for utilizing ServiceNow for business processes
• ServiceNow: Participate in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Training, and Operational Support
• ServiceNow: Serves as a liaison among development teams, application services, and the business, including functioning as a subject matter expert (SME)
• ServiceNow: Uses scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality, create script to automate routine tasks being done in ServiceNow
• ServiceNow: Provide configuration update support and functionality checking within the development cycle of ServiceNow
• ServiceNow: Work with development team to migrate updates into the production environment
• ServiceNow: Use SCRUM/Agile development methodologies SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication.
• Must have experience with modern JS frameworks and technology - AngularJS, D3, ES6, Node.js and Socket.io,
• Exposure to HTML5 and CSS frameworks,
• Familiarity with NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch),
• Minimum 2 years of server-side Java development, experience with threading and synchronization, • Unix/Linux experience
• Experience in working with Maven, SVN, JIRA, NPM, Gulp
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams,
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team,
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions,
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• 4 to 8 years of experience as a ServiceNow administrator.
• CSA certified
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities in parallel
• Work directly with end users to resolve support issues
• Create and configure application UI, business rules and workflows
• Clear communication when writing, speaking and/or presenting to team, business and technology personnel
• Research and analyze information in order to extract and synthesize relevant data for stakeholders Preferred Qualifications
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2) ,
• Programming in Perl, Python and shell script.
• Knowledge and experience in building conversational user interfaces enabled by AI ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.