Simmons Energy - A Division of Piper Sandler
Simmons Energy was an independent investment bank for over 40 years, and was acquired by Piper Sandler companies in early 2016. Simmons has built a lasting reputation for specializing in the entire spectrum of the energy industry and continues to do so as the energy-specific branch of a much larger firm. Simmons has acted as financial advisor in over $166 billion of transactions, including 592 merger and acquisitions worth nearly $100 billion. Simmons has a large equity research team with coverage of approximately 130 public energy companies in the integrated oil, oil service, E&P, coal, power, and alternative energy sectors. Simmons has served as co-manager on over $62 billion in public debt and equity offerings. The firm's clients range from small, privately held companies to multi-billion dollar public entities. Consistent with its specialized approach, Simmons recruits high-caliber individuals with the goal of offering a rewarding career to its employees.
Investment Banking Summer Associate Opportunity - Houston
Our Summer Associate position offers a unique opportunity for ambitious professionals seeking to play a meaningful role in our continued growth while gaining significant experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Debt Capital Markets, and Equity Capital Markets. Associate are actively involved in day-to-day transaction execution, gaining significantly more client interaction and live deal experience than their peers at other firms.
We anticipate hiring 2021 Summer Associates in our Houston office for the Energy team.
Attracting only the very best professionals has been and will continue to be a key element of our success. We are focused on hiring candidates with genuine potential and interest for advancement within our firm. A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
· In their first year of an MBA program from a top-tier business school.
· 2 – 5 years of pre-MBA work experience; preferably in financial services or accounting
· Outstanding academic performance record.
· Exceptional work ethic and a high level of enthusiasm, initiative and leadership potential.
· Prior work experience involving financial analysis or transaction execution.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop rapport with existing and potential clients.
· Strong knowledge of accounting and financial modeling.
· Highly motivated, team player with an ability to learn in a fast-paced, challenging environment.