Management Microsoft Architect
Digital Transformation & Management, Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect Grant Thornton 4/16/2020 9:28:53 AM JOB ID: 045616 Specialty: Houston, Texas
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Digital Transformation & Management, Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect
As a Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect your role will be to lead technical delivery for client digital transformation projects. This is a unique role involving architecting and integrating the latest Microsoft Modern Workplace capabilities to drive significant client value. You will design solution architectures, create technical requirements, and work with highly focused project teams through agile delivery lifecycles. A successful candidate will have a strong background in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform, with a continuous learning mentality to drive client innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Drive Microsoft technology strategy and innovation projects for our clients
· Manage projects using agile methodology to develop POC and production ready solutions
· Manage technical project team both onsite and remote to drive project deliverables
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience architecting for the enterprise on Microsoft 365 including distributed architecture design, information architecture scenarios, cost planning and optimization
· Extensive experience with Office 365 with a focus on Teams, SharePoint Online, Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, PowerApps), and Microsoft Graph
· Azure identity management and security experience
· Scripting experience with PowerShell
· Microsoft 365 or Azure Solution Architect certifications a plus
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· 6 - 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, i.e. digital agency, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary
· Travel percentage: 80%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 045616
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Grant Thornton endeavors to make / accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or if you need assistance or accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us at .
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.