3512 TX - Houston Job Title Multifamily Regional Supervisor Job ID 27362818 Location Houston, TX Other Location Description
Founded in 1986, Asset Living (“Asset”) is a Houston-based real estate management firm. With a growing portfolio that includes a multitude of properties across the nation, Asset provides services to a variety of clients that include property management, asset management, receivership, and investment services. Asset is a member of The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and is recognized as an Accredited Management Organization (AMO). Asset presently manages a portfolio consisting of approximately 65,000 units and 140,00 beds. Our people truly are the most valued part of our company, and as such we acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As we grow, positions continually open for all career levels. We look to hire experienced housing professionals who can make an immediate impact in the organization and those who embrace the Asset way. Ultimately, professionals join our organization because of our reputation, culture and growth.
The Regional Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the entire operations of a multifamily community portfolio. As a Regional Supervisor you will manage all phases of the operations, including personnel, leasing, maintenance, financial, administration & risk management. As an offsite leader you will supervise all aspects of the property and staff to ensure compliance with Asset company’s policies and procedures, safety and fair housing guidelines and liability concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Use consistent techniques & company directives to screen, hire, train, coach and develop on-site staff
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with Asset training benchmarks
- Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems; document adequately, communicate with direct supervisor and HR, and terminate appropriately when necessary
- Prepare request for salary increase for Community Manager and assist with other team members if necessary; sign off on all requests from the site
- Ensure all counseling statements, written evaluations, and salary requests are provided for review to Regional Vice President and delivered to the Human Resource department
- Approve all time sheets and ensure hours indicated are correct, vacation and sick time reported and signatures available
- Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems; document adequately, communicate with Regional Vice President and HR, and terminate appropriately when necessary
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
- Achieve highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue & leasing improvement; identify trends and recommend strategies and adjustments
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts
- Provide monthly written evaluation of income and expense line items that are significantly over budget
- Provide Capital improvement suggestions for future of site
- Monitor all proposals and contracts for large projects at sites and check work in progress
- Seek permission for excessive amounts (over $1,000)
- Monitor & maintain the timely receipt and reconciliation of deposits, rent collections and charges to ensure submitted on a timely basis
- Monitor & approve the timely receipt, reconciliation and coding of all vendor invoices
- Ensure property close out is completed on time and ownership financial reports are accurate
Strategic Leasing Management
- Develop yearly marketing plan and utilize marketing strategies & systems
- Provide marketing strategy to generate rentals or for rent increases
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Deal with resident complaints, concerns, and requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
Administrative & Maintenance Management
- Ensure all administrative & leasing reporting is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis
- Assist with emergency team for property; ensures proper response and handling of all property emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liability
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
- Give direction to and monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to ensure quality and expediency (i.e. “walk” units to ensure make-ready and work orders are completed)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4 years’ experience in student housing industry; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.