In this role, you will be part of our Private Client Services practice team focused on Individual/Personal, Partnership, Trust & Estate/Gift, and Corporate Taxation. You will mainly service our high net worth and family office clients.
As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts: your technical and quality expertise and delivering excellent client service.
• Work with the tax team to do tax technical review of tax returns (Individuals (1040), Trusts (1041 and 5227), Partnerships (1065), S and C-corps (1120), Gift (709) Charitable Organizations (990-PF))
• Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
• Provide training, professional development, career mentorship and performance feedback for staff
• Provide budgets and coordinate engagements to promote efficient and profitable engagements
• Recognize and inform senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
• Handle routine client tax questions, and work with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
• Stay informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promote these activities to clients when appropriate
• Complete research and special projects as needed
• Converse with taxing authorities and represent the clients on tax notices, audits and other controversy matters
• Travel to client sites as needed (less than 10%)
• CPA, JD, or Enrolled Agent
• Minimum of 5+ years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation (i.e.: Tax Accountant)
• Strong technical skills in accounting and review of tax returns
• Strong experience with Individual Taxation (high net worth aka $10M +)
• Experience in Trust & Estate planning and Family Office services
• Experience with S and C corporation taxation
• Experience with family limited partnerships and operating partnerships
• Experience with charitable entities
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
• Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
• Masters of Accounting
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Experience with a national, regional or local accounting firm is a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.