Client Services Advisor – Energy
- Houston, TX, USA Houston TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 07 Sep 18 2018-09-07
Summary: The position will provide end-to-end support to the FCM (Financial and Capital Markets) sector, assisting users who access IHS Markit ENR insight and asset valuation solutions. The Customer Solutions Advisor delivers support to internal and external users of the Vantage asset valuation tool and the Connect Platform solutions. The role combines Training, Support, Onboarding, Pre-sales/Renewals support and feedback to the product team. As a member of the ENR Customer Support organization, this colleague will work directly with customers to support workflows, deliver training and drive usage.
General Job Description:
- Promote and advance ENR modules on the Connect Platform and IHS Markit Vantage externally to FCM customers and internally amongst colleagues operating across Americas. Provide support through workflow-based presentations and mentoring. Source, create and own localized demos.
- Understand the particular needs, workflows and challenges of FCM customers in America and provide feedback on region-specific recommendations & requirements to the operations and product teams. Facilitate technical communication between internal stakeholders directing customer feedback into the operations team.
- Provide feedback to the Operations Team on issues related to Marketing and external messaging. Participate in regional event planning, representing IHS Markit in regional events.
- Provide customer feedback to Sales, Research, Product Management and Development teams to assist in the development of existing and new services.
- Monitor the competitor landscape in the Americas, providing feedback to the sales, product and support teams.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to develop proactive user promotions and client engagement initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the team to create and maintain consistent, effective and up-to-date proactive user guides to support the training provided.
- Support internal training programs and ensure regional and technical sales colleagues are aware of technological developments.
- Participate and aspire to the IHS Markit Customer Delight goals
Specific Job Duties:
- Become an expert user of Connect ENR modules and Vantage. Understand and demonstrate workflows which integrate these products with the other parts of the Energy Portfolio.
- Provide demos to customers, prospects, user groups and at industry events, deliver webinars as required and develop supporting workflow documents as appropriate.
- Respond to client questions in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date and update users about product enhancements and new developments on a regular basis.
- Deliver training courses and demos focused on the Connect ENR modules and Vantage, tailoring these to the specific needs of the customer.
- Develop and record workflow demos for download from the IHS Markit website, which showcase IHS Markit Connect and Vantage and.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience of working in or with the finance community, ideally with involvement in oil & gas projects
- Degree in Economics, Business or Finance desirable, but not compulsory
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of proficiency with MS applications.
- A good understanding of investment activities such as portfolio management, research, investment consulting and risk management
- A good understanding of the oil and gas life cycle, oil and gas operations and economic evaluation.
- Strong technical support experience with ability to respond to tight deadlines demonstrating attention to detail.
- Technology background with ability to quickly learn and assimilate new products and communicate that knowledge to others.
- Familiarity with industry competitors and trends, their offerings, strengths and weaknesses, is an advantage.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel and attend conferences, as needed
- First class presentation and software demo skills. Excellent Oral and written communication skills. A very good command of English is essential. Fluency in a second European language, is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Fluency in English. Any additional languages are a plus.
n/a This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use. Some travel is involved.
Travel & Location:
This position is based in Houston, TX, US. Travel is required, up to 40% in America.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.