Commodity Associate Summer Intern
S&P Global Platts 2021 Commodity Associate Program Summer Internship The Role:
S&P Global Platts is seeking summer interns to work directly with one or more price reporting teams across oil, natural gas, power, petrochemicals, shipping and agriculture. The intern will gain exposure on how to generate the content that powers Platts' price assessments and news produced for the markets we cover. You will receive exposure to market reporting and price formation processes in addition to generating news coverage. The Location
: Houston TX The Team:
Our team is global and you are considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in. The Impact:
We are looking for world-class thinkers to join us at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessments and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
Join a company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents. You will be known as a respected source of essential commodity market information and part of a renowned brand. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global - a company that champions development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
Price reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership across the globe, showcasing our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events. What's in it for you:
- 10-week rotational summer internship commencing in June 2021
- Training and mentorship - including Basics of Market Reporting & Editorial Standards and training on editing, reporting, writing and media law
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and/or Shipping markets
- Exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets
- Shadow experienced Price Reporters in assigned markets
- Receive hands-on research and reporting experience
- Conduct research and writing assignments for potential publication
- Identify drivers moving daily markets
- Become skilled in successful interviewing techniques and how to obtain data for commentary
- Write concise, informative commentary
- Verify source information through appropriate channels
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of Platts Market on Close assessment process
- This program is limited to those who are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (LPR), asylee or refuee.
- Students graduating in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022; Masters students also considered
- All majors welcome: concentration in Economics, Business, Journalism, International Relations, Engineering, Finance, Communications or energy related disciplines preferred
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Some knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML)
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258017 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States