- Houston, TX, USA Houston TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
Manage SCB America's Energy and Natural Resources portfolio made up of approx 45 US and inbound clients. The ENR group targets clients in Upstream to Downstream, Oilfield Services, EPC and Metals & Mining. The Team Lead would be responsible for managing 2 credit analysts and handle complex accounts. The leader would ensure that adequate portfolio management objectives and deadlines are met and have knowledge of internal underwriting standards and procedures, reporting to the NA ENR Head.
Proactively assist credit analysts in resolving issues in the everyday credit management of the respective portfolio and escalate whenever necessary to ensure quick resolution.
Act as primary analyst for assigned accounts and support fellow CAs for remaining accounts in the respective sub-segments. Responsible for the front-to-end business credit application (BCA) process of assigned accounts as primary analyst by performing independent, forward looking credit analysis of current and prospective clients and act as a secondary analyst as needed.
Plan and conduct the overall credit process for assigned primary accounts with respect to assessments of risks, credit papers, credit grades, as well as proactive monitoring of credit events, including:
· Financial analysis of customers using credit skills - ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
· Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
· Conducting annual credit review of assigned accounts and ensuring that respective GMs and BCAs are processed and successfully approved on schedule.
· Credit Approval Committee (CAC) Coordination - preparing a high quality submission for the respective clients including GM Part 1 and 2, requesting and following up on financial and credit information related to subsidiaries for the purpose of computing WACG and Group EL.
· Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with Global Relationship Managers (GAM) and Relationship Managers (RM) (e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.).
· As part of the annual credit review process, check for any gaps in credit documentation and escalate to RM team.
· Raise and obtain necessary deferral/waiver approvals from risk approvers/senior management.
· Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately - preparing reports, escalation, and take actions to GAM/Risk, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with risk approvers, any risk triggers and tack the evolution of client performance and client risk profiles over time.
· Ensure zero BCA/credit review over dues and work to minimize extensions.
· Alerting / escalating the issue to the GAM/RM & other stakeholders in case any of the Credit approval conditions in have not been complied with within stipulated timelines.
· In partnership with the GAM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in Early Alert (EAR/ASTAR) as per the bank's policies and guidelines. Preparing the EAR/ASTAR/Adverse news report note for credit issues based on their own research and inputs from GAM and circulation to relevant stakeholders as per policy/procedure.
· Attend EAR/Portfolio meetings calls along with the relationship manager when needed
· Support team efforts in preparing and responding to internal/external audits and regulatory exams.
· As part of the annual credit review, identify client limits that are not utilized or underutilized and escalate to management to initiate discussions with the respective GAM team.
Actively participate in the management of excesses together with the client delivery team, including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing exposures and promptly addressing queries from Risk.
· Plan and conduct credit due diligence of assigned accounts.
· Ensure receipt of Quarterly/Annual/Interim Financials for private clients (non-publicly traded) from GAM/client
· Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with customer business and contribute credit/risk opinions about client and industry.
· Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion, if the CA attended the meeting/discussion when in attendance.
· Contribute to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., legal, FM, TB, RISK) including the corresponding RWA calculations.
· Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS).
· Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Risk, Legal, and Compliance
· Conduct periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory events
· Proactively monitoring market and industry data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio
· Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names.
· Contribute to Stress Tests requests (wherever required or request by GAM/Risk Management)
· Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
· Graduate degree and/or professional qualification preferred.
· Pass CCC/ FICC credit certification (or approved equivalent) within 6 months of start date or upon availability (if not available in this timeframe).
· Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience or qualification