Financial Reporting Accountant II
- Houston, TX, USA Houston TX US
- Contract, Full time
- The Mom Project
- 29 Aug 18 2018-08-29
Our customer is an independent investment management firm dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life, managing more than $900 billion in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. They are seeking someone on a contract basis. Under general supervision, applies use and application of accounting and financial principles, theories and concepts as it relates to the preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, financial reporting disclosure requirements, SEC and other regulatory filings or ad-hoc requests for an assigned group of mutual funds.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements to be included in mutual fund annual and semi-annual shareholder reports.
• Financial statements include: the Schedule of Investments, the Statement of Assets and Liabilities, the Statement of Operations, the Statement of Changes in Net Assets.
• Financial statements include: the Financial Highlights and the Notes to the Financial Statements in addition to financial information used in the Management Discussion and Analysis.
• Performs peer-reviews of financial statements prepared by co-workers.
• Researches, addresses and follows-up on comments and questions received on the financial statements.
• Coordinates with the Shareholder Communications Department to get financial statements typeset, printed and mailed to shareholders within the 60 day SEC requirement.
• Performs research of various SEC and industry regulated guides to provide supported and sound conclusions and recommendations.
• Applies advanced functions on computer applications (i.e., FundSuite, Fundstation, DST, etc.) in performing day-to-day responsibilities.
• Prepares financial information for the annual updates to the funds’ registration statements (“N1-A’s--Prospectuses) in addition to any subsequent filings.
• Financial information includes: fee tables, expense examples, advisor compensation, yield information and financial disclosures for the Statement of Additional Information.
• Demonstrates an applied knowledge of the overall structure of a mutual fund as well as the management company and the related companies and other third parties that provide services to the mutual fund.
• Documents processes and procedures.
• Prepares Proforma financial statements for proposed fund mergers and other ad-hoc financial reporting requests as required.
• Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in the industry through self-study, formal training, and on the job training.
• Works on special projects, as assigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required to do the job.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
• Financial reporting experience in the mutual fund industry is required.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required.
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial principles as it applies to financial reporting issues.
• Strong analytical skills and proficient in reviewing financial data.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information.
• Ability to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to cooperate and contribute in a team environment.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
License / Registration / Certification:
• Certified Public Accountant is preferred.