IBCM, A&D, VP, Houston
The Associate/Vice President position is in the oil and gas acquisitions and divestitures group ("A&D Group") with responsibilities to lead mandates, manage client interactions, facilitate the overall efficient execution of buy and sell side assignments and lead/participate in preparing materials for pitch activity, proposals and general business development.
Work activities include leading the execution and coordination of projects, review and preparation of materials that includes economic databases, generation of reserves support documents and analysis, preparation of marketing materials to tell the asset story with a focus on upside opportunities, preparation of the Virtual Data Room and physical data room presentations. The successful candidate will work closely with both technical and financial oriented staff for preparation of all materials including engineering and geologic data, lease operating statements and associated commercial parameters, land and product marketing overviews.
Position can lead to further advancement as knowledge, experience and responsibilities grow.
Experience should include a broad based knowledge of oil and gas reserves and operations, understanding commensurate with at least 5 to 8 years of oil and gas industry experience. Software skills should include ARIES / PHDWin, IHS Enerdeq, Performance Evaluator and use of the MS Suite as well as other petroleum related applications - proficiency with the use of Spotfire, Tableau, ArcGIS or Petra a real plus.
Personal skills should include a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, high-level organizational abilities, leadership qualities and the ability to multi-task and take the initiative while managing and coordinating mandates, meeting deadlines and working within the team. Expected to develop and maintain client relationships.
Skill Requirements Summary
- Economic, Petroleum and MS software - ARIES / PHDWin, IHS Enerdeq and Performance Evaluator, MS Suite a must from a reserves evaluator standpoint; proficiency with the use of Spotfire, Tableau, ArcGIS or Petra a real plus
- Analytical and Judgment - identify, resolve and propose solutions to process issues using learned skill set and company resources
- Organization/Documentation - review, analyze, build and develop asset reserves support and offering materials
- Attention to Detail - review all work and final products for accuracy, conformity to A&D Group standards, and presentation
- Leadership and Interpersonal - work with client and other team members/resources to get job done; present project effectively to client and prospective buyers
- Proactive - show initiative, manage deadlines, anticipate next steps and prepare for future activity without constant direction
Valued Work Experience
- Oil and gas reserves consulting
- A&D activities for a company and/or bank