Investment Relations Associate
- Houston, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Kerns Capital Management, Inc.
- 11 Oct 17 2017-10-11
Supporting the development of investor marketing, fund-raising and due diligence materials with the objective of increasing assets under management. Working collaboratively with the firm’s principal and portfolio managers to assist in the dissemination of our investment strategies and performance track record, as well as client servicing. SEC RIA and emerging manager specializing in active liquid alternative investment strategies, equity hedge, long/short, market neutral, volatility, corporate bond and sector opportunity delivered via mutual fund and separate account. KCM is Investment Advisor to the Morningstar 5-Star rated KCM Macro Trends Fund with current AUM of approximately $180M.
Investment Relations Associate eFinancial
- Serve as primary contact for our clients, listen to their needs and strive to promote customer convenience in any contact they have with Kerns
- Support creation and development of marketing and due diligence materials such as pitch books, fact sheets, and due diligence questionnaires (DDQ’s) for investment vehicles
- Support completion of requests for proposals, requests for information, manager and operational due diligence questionnaires and ad hoc requests from prospective and existing investors
- Plan and coordinate logistics and presentation materials for client/investor meetings, events and industry conferences.
- Responsible for client onboarding, setting up new accounts, following up on transfers and transaction requests such as contributions and withdrawals
- Manage client information: prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in private client servicing and/or investor relations
- Detail oriented, strong analytical/problem solving skills, ability to work in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM and PMS software such as Sales Force and Orion/Black Diamond/Portfolio Center
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and resolve difficult situations with clients