Price Risk Initiative Transformation Lead
The Business Risk Sr Officer II is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities:
- Manage and set the direction for compliance and control policies, and subsequently guidelines for the business.
- Document operational risk procedures, including roles and responsibilities and coverage for implementation of the Risk Framework in conformance with the requirements of the Risk Policy and Standards.
- Assess the severity of operational and other risks associated with proposed changes
- Identify issues within the business, mitigates, and ensures appropriate approval and visibility of these risks within the organization.
- Develop and sustain the organizational disciplines and business cases to support process level monitoring and risk identification within the business for each core business function - e.g. risk, marketing, communications, and pricing.
- Manages the Key Operational Risk (KOR) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) development in coordination with the Independent Consumer Operational Risk Management team.
- Creates monthly reporting to monitor Key Risk Indicator, metric triggers and thresholds in order to identify and communicate any emerging issues and develop action plans with the business owners.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of Operational Loss Event Data in accordance with Citi's Operational Risk Management Data Quality Standards; including quantifying the financial impacts and determining if there is any opportunity for recovery. Responsible for obtaining management attestation and approval of Operational Loss Events.
- Supports operational risk scenario analysis and stress testing for Operational Risk Capital requirements in conjunction with Finance and Independent Risk (ORM).
- Develop a comprehensive vendor management process within the business to monitor performance and resolve control gaps to enable rapid identification of risks and issues and minimize service interruptions and impacts to our business and customers.
- Apply knowledge of the business, products or services to identify and implement control points and processes throughout the business.
- Build a process to share/communication global best practices.
- Assure a common understanding of existing risks and analysis of emerging risks across the business.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ year experience in risk management with a focus on operational risk and controls
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated sound business judgment. Proven track record in risk and control oversight (including significant experience in identifying risks, control issues, implementing corrective actions and best practices). Track record leading Control related projects and programs..
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This new role is part of ICG Risk and Control team supporting the Price Risk remediation program lead in project managing the change program across First Line and Second Line functions to improve and enhance Price Risk management practices across ICG businesses.
The role will require knowledge of Price Risk processes (risk management and/or product control) as well as project management and change skills to organize and co-ordinate a change program across businesses and regions. The role will coordinate, track and report remediation owned by first line and second line control owners across businesses and regions in line with the program plan, and report status to the program governance as well as other elements of the Citi governance framework as necessary.
• Work with relevant Citi leadership as well as outside experts to design a target-state control-framework for Price Risk, which meets regulatory expectations
• Oversee a project management team to design required actions to implement the end state and track completion of the actions in line with Citi change methodology
• Work with Control and Internal Audit stakeholders to ensure credible challenge throughout the remediation process and validation of results in line with Citi's Internal Audit requirements
• Present on status of the program to senior stakeholders within Citi (including executive management and the Board) as well as to Citi's regulators
Qualifications & skills:
• 10-15 years of experience in relevant fields of Market Risk Management, Product Control or product valuation specialist with First Line and/or Second Line experience or in an associated consulting role
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders.
• Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organization.
• Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Project management and change capabilities are essential
• Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and problem solving capability
• Ability to analyse a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master's degree Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting