We are looking for Lead SQL DB Admin for an immediate need. This is a client facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various client managers. Responsibilities:
- Provide supreme level of database expertise and problem solving services to all stakeholders during project lifecycle from Development till post production
- Design development configuration and administration of large and critical database systems
- Analyze enhance database configuration and ensure full availability high performance Lead and define tuning database parameters physical layout and memory buffers and promote the standardization per product cross customers world wide
- Design strategy for DB working processes eg backup recovery during project life cycle and translate and guide until implementation
- Provide DB professional guidance and coaching to project management and development teams implementation groups as well as customer architects
- Identify automation and efficiency opportunities lead and direct the solution creation and implementation and assure standards new and existing processes and initiate enhanced changes Manage and lead Root Cause.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.