Senior Java Software Engineer
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer who is highly passionate about application design & programming, and aspires to contribute towards our firms digital transformation agenda. As a Software Engineer, you'll be involved in building Cloud Native applications from a Domain driven design and micro-services architecture perspective, identifying bounded contexts, work with other partners to design solutions including activity flows, conceptual, logical and physical data models, write maintainable & testable code that is consistent with micro-service architecture principles, build fully automated CI / CD pipelines, support software solutions that are customer focused & highly secure. You'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world. Responsibilities:
- Full Stack Engineer responsible for designing domain driven solutions
- Write maintainable & testable code that is consistent with micro-service architecture principles
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Automate tests and deployments alleviating the need for manual intervention
- Build applications based on cloud-native principles and deploy to cloud platforms
- Collaborate with other technology teams to ensure successful integration
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Design applications leveraging a Domain driven approach
- Hands on experience with Spring stack (spring boot, spring core etc.), REST and GraphQL
- Experience in packaging services using Docker and configuring & deploying on Kubernetes platform
- Experience in implementing ServiceMesh to address non-core domain concerns
- Solid knowledge of patterns like side car, circuit breaker, traffic shifting, ingress, egress, health check, etc.
- Well versed with Junit, functional (using cucumber), integration and performance testing
- Has implementation knowledge of managing asynchronous communication using Kafka including leveraging kstreams for data streaming or other event hub channel such as JMS broker solutions to achieve similar result
- Strong believer of code quality and writes Junit case using mocking frameworks (jmockit, mockito, etc.)
- Good understanding of Oracle or other SQL databases
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Java, ReactJS, Redux, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST, GraphQL, axios, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, kstreams, ServieMesh, Elastic, SQL, Oracle, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, mockito, jmockit, jacoco, cucumber, enzyme, jmeter
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.