Site Reliability Software Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build ameaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to developcreative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and softwaredevelopment focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure andreducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solverswith a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. Inthis environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by anorganization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn andgrow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications andsystems. Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test and deliversoftware to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents,facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development teamthroughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale,ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns andanalytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliencypatterns
- Design automated software andproduct upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 supportcoverage as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineeringdiscipline
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing,and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domainexpert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business oracross the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, loadbalancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Proficient in at leastone or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect todesigning, coding, testing, and software delivery.
- Proficient in thedevelopment of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technologydomains.
- Proficient in managingservice-level changes to a system, and troubleshooting system level components.
- Designs and contributesto performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
- Able to work on multiplelarge projects that have business impact, and is self-initiated. Should be ableto provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
- Is seen as a mentor andkey contributor to the SRE Team(s).
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovatorslike you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service theworld's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll developsolutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393billion in deposits. CIB provides strategicadvice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanningover 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.