A top-5 global investment bank is continuing to expand their Texas footprint and looking to bring on a VP for their Electronic Trading team in a Systems Engineer position. You will be utilizing expert knowledge of AWS, Java, server design and support. This will be an individual contributor role for someone to optimize this environment in a low latency approach.
- Management and coordination -- ability to facilitate across teams (e.g. escalate issues, manage releases)
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, Java strongly preferred
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure) and application bugs and issues
- Cloud projects (AWS, CloudFoundry)
- Network and messaging integrations
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Performance engineering for low latency
Reach out today if you or someone in your network seems to fit.