Balance Sheet Control Group Manager- Balance Sheet Substantiation
The Balance Sheet Control Grp Mgr is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing accounting guidance and support for Citi business units.
- Assists in strengthening and providing controls by showing transparency of the Balance Sheet.
- Supervises small to medium-sized Finance team(s).
- Improves process efficiencies in line with unit goals.
- Manages complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
- Accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/geographic regions.
- Requires complex problem analysis and judgments with solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought comparing and selecting complex alternatives.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Requires conceptual/ practical grounding in policies as they apply to the business.
- Manages a specialist function and may oversee processes performed in shared services in the same job family.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Controller function, analysis, management and policy knowledge
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
- Accountable for the governance of the BSS Analytics process
- Presenting analytics results to Controllers in the monthly and quarterly ARF meetings
- Ensuring a robust risk and control framework over the strategy and design on the BSS Analytics process
- Providing training to Strategic Sites as required
- Assiting with other adhoc strategic initiatives as required. Job Family Group:
Finance Job Family:
Balance Sheet Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting