Sr Credit Analyst Irving, TX/en-US/FHLB_Careers/job/Irving-TX/Sr-Credit-Analyst_REQ-71/apply
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
- Responsible for accessing various external sources to obtain credit information on member institutions including but not limited to call reports, Reports of Examination, and the like from the banking regulatory agencies, corporate financial statements, and other information related to the financial condition of the member, and to incorporate this information into the Banks credit files as required. Based on the analyses of all the credit information collected, recommend collateral status of members.
- Assists in the analysis of proposed credit arrangements negotiated with a member institution and associated with the approval of a loan/advance to meet the specific financing and asset liability management needs of the institution.
- Responsible for providing credit analyses and approval recommendations for new member and Mortgage Finance Program applicants to ensure compliance with Bank policy and underwriting standards.
- Conducts research and designs appropriate management reports as required to assist the Credit Review Committee and senior management in analyzing the credit risk exposure of the Bank to specific member institutions.
- Assists management in keeping the Banks Credit Policy in compliance with all FHLBank System guidelines and regulations issued by the Federal Housing Finance Board.
- Monitors the financial and credit markets to remain current on the underwriting criteria pertaining to commercial banks, thrifts and broker dealers as it relates to the Banks Investment Policy.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
- BBA, BS, or BA degree required with a major in finance, accounting or economics preferred.
- 5 or more years of increasingly responsible credit analysis or commercial underwriting experience related to commercial banks, thrifts and broker dealers or 5 or more years as a federal regulator (OCC, FRB, or FDIC)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy coupled with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work well in a cooperative and dynamic team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with SNL, Bloomberg, and Risk models a plus.
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the following principles:
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other conditions and privileges of employment.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeREQ-71
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!