Market Risk Intern Irving, TX/en-US/FHLB_Careers/job/Irving-TX/Market-Risk-Intern_REQ-60/apply
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
Experience you will gain:
- As part of this internship you will gain knowledge and experience of FHLB Dallas risk management/market risk by working closely (under general supervision) with the Market Risk Department. Assist with providing accurate, reliable and timely measurement of the Banks exposure to market risk appropriate to management and policy decisions and Federal Housing Finance Agency regulations.
- Prepare periodic reports and in-depth analyses of the Bank's risk exposure and impacts of tactical and strategic alternatives for managing those exposures.
- Assist with Libor transition and SOFR (Secured Overnight Funding Rate) adoption. Assist with identifying and gathering market information and check the validity of the information with multiple market sources.
- Research intrabank data to ensure data consistency and perform ad hoc analysis in support of overall risk management strategies.
- In assigned areas of responsibility, assist with performing and coordinating project assignments with counterparts in the Information Technology, Treasury, Financial Operations, Accounting, Credit, Lending and other appropriate areas of the Bank as required.
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
- Students should be pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics or related field. Student is required with a GPA of 3.25 or better.
- Demonstrated strong Conceptual, analytic and information technology skills appropriate to financial risk measurement and related accounting practices.
- Demonstrated Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills combined with ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple project assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (emphasis on Excel with the ability to create and maneuver spreadsheets and data).
- 40 hours per week; hours are flexible.
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the following principles:
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other conditions and privileges of employment.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeREQ-60
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!