Community Investment Intern Irving, TX/en-US/FHLB_Careers/job/Irving-TX/Community-Investment-Intern_REQ-54/apply
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN. Our interns gain meaningful, realworld experience. You can expect to develop marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Performing financial and feasibility analysis on the viability of housing projects;
- Providing technical assistance to member financial institutions, non-profit organizations and community/government leaders on the features and uses of the Affordable Housing Program. interact with bankers and real estate developers from our five-state district;
- Analyzing disbursement requests for compliance to regulations and procedures;
- Planning, organizing and updating of the quarterly board & management reports;
- Learning about legal and compliance issues involved in housing finance and development; and
- Participating in marketing and promotional events and much more!
Qualifications: To be considered for the affordable housing summer internship, you must:
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Major in Business, accounting, finance or a real estate or community development related field;
- Be a junior or senior in college;
- Have strong problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Have meticulous attention to details;
- Be customer service and relationship oriented;
- Be able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
- Be proficient in MS Office
- 40 hours per week
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the following principles:
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other conditions and privileges of employment.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeREQ-54
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!