Legal, Mortgages Attorney, Vice President
- Irving, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Legal, Mortgages Attorney, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Professionals within the Legal Department provide high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advice on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand and weigh the risks associated with our activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while optimizing risk. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking a Mortgages Attorney, Vice President to support the Realty Management Division, Securities Division and Investment Banking Division in their collaboration on residential whole loan trading, securitization and structured finance transactions.
The Mortgages Attorney, Vice President will be responsible for drafting and negotiating the capital markets and financing transaction documents, working closely in collaboration with the trading desk and structured finance desk, internal and external legal counsel, and the residential mortgage asset management deal teams. Candidate should have extensive experience working with financial institutions in connection with financing and asset trading activity, and experience with residential mortgage loans and mortgage servicing is beneficial.
- Negotiation and drafting of transaction documents (related to the bulk purchase and sale of whole loans):
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Flow and conduit agreements
- Trade level bid stipulations
- Mortgage servicing agreement
- Custodial Agreements
- Management, negotiation and drafting of financing agreements, including:
- Repurchase agreements
- Credit agreements and warehouse facilities
- Syndicated lending arrangements
- Post-trade contract finance:
- Repurchase and premium recapture advisement
- Drafting and advisement regarding vendor agreements and relationships
- Coordination with structured finance and trading desks to ensure securitization related requirements are addressed in the loan acquisition process
- Various other contract finance related activities related to the trading, financing and management of whole loans
- Minimum 7 years' of post-JD, transaction-based legal experience in a reputable law firm, mortgage company, investment bank or other financial institution
- Strong substantive knowledge of and significant experience in residential mortgages, capital markets and structured finance
- Substantive experience with residential mortgage underwriting and/or mortgage servicing with a familiarity of various mortgage products including non-performing and conventional assets
- Substantive experience with secured transactions and warehousing agreements
- Familiarity with securitization transactions and markets
- Knowledge of residential regulatory compliance is a plus
- Adept at developing interpersonal relationships
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, assertive and professional in dealings with internal/external customers, third-party vendor partners, other team members and senior managers; be able to work at the detail level while managing account relationships
- Possess excellent time management/organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail
- Must have ability to handle a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Strong ability to organize, analyze and interpret legal and compliance related materials
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment, and sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Outstanding initiative and excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Capable of recommending modifications to existing policies/procedures to identify and mitigate risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Must have ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.