Citi has an immediate need for a senior paralegal to support its Servicing and Operations Legal team. The successful candidate will provide primary support to the legal department's law firm oversight process. Responsibilities:
- Schedule remote and onsite audits at collection law firms.
- Prepares audit announcement memos and requests for deliverables.
- Review law firm policies, procedures and forms.
- Conducts legal research to support attorney, program, or project work
- Prepare presentations and meeting minutes for various meetings with senior management
- Manages and resolves escalations from Citi's outside collection law firms
- Assists lawyers/attorneys/program managers in executing law firm audits
- May perform special projects at the request of attorneys, program managers or paralegals
- Coordinates meetings and performs various administrative tasks as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Paralegal certification from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in corporate legal department, law firm, financial services, consulting or technology firm
- Excellent technical, writing, analytic and research skills
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills relating to confidential information and when dealing with customers/regulators/Staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to review and organize numerous related documents
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Legal Job Family:
Legal Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting