Systems Performance Analyst- zSystems Mainframes, Irving, TX
The CTI Performance Management group supports the technology infrastructure of IBM System z, Systems. The Performance Analyst is responsible for maintaining and tuning the systems for optimal performance.
- Evaluates mainframe computer performance and monitors system resource usage for capacity planning considerations.
- These activities include zSystems capacity studies, performance analysis, resource usage analysis, configuration support, mainframe SMF/RMF data collection and reporting for problem determination, along with analysis of workload/workflow, stress testing, and analysis of all mainframe resources.
- These activities are imperative for properly determining resource use and tuning mainframe resources for multiple zSystems mainframe computing environments.
- Supports application development, integration testing and production using IBM z Systems processors in support of operational workloads
The role provides opportunities to work with different technical teams across our global footprint.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have US work authorization, this position is not sponsoring visas
- Position is located in Irving, TX, if not local, must relocate at own expense
- 6 + years of mainframe experience
- 6 years of experience or more understanding of Workload Manager (WLM), performance analysis and tuning zSystems mainframes
- 5+ years Advanced SAS programming
- 3+ years of experience with SMF data analysis
- 3+ years of experience with zSystems performance and capacity planning tools such as RMF, RMF Monitor III, Omegamon.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting performance and response time issues, especially for zSystems processor based applications including WebSphere, CICS and DB2
- 2+ years of experience with application load testing
- Familiar with Capacity Provisioning Manager (CPM) a plus
- Microsoft productivity tools including the MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- A self-motivated individual who can work well with a team and communicate clearly .
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to employ creative thinking related to performance tuning.
- Leadership skills without direct management
- Very good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Very good presentation skills
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting