Privacy Attorney US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Privacy-Attorney_R0002638/apply
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities.
We are looking for a highly capable Privacy Attorney to join our team and work from our San Antonio (TX) office or to work remotely. This position will provide privacy legal advice (both global and U.S.) and work with Argo Groups Data Protection Officer to implement privacy policies and processes for Argo Group and its subsidiaries.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Supporting CCPA, GDPR, LGPD, GLBA, Bermuda PIPA and other privacy related activities
- Counseling company representatives at multiple locations on privacy compliance
- Providing privacy input on high-profile, high-impact business projects and initiatives, including working closely with Argo Groups Data Protection Officer on cross-company initiatives
- Advising on customer, vendor, and employee privacy issues
- Managing privacy legal compliance efforts, including drafting and revising data transfer agreements, data protection notices, website privacy policies and related procedures, and reviewing Data Protection Authority filings
- Reviewing the implementation of information security tools in terms of privacy legal compliance
- Supporting Argo Groups Data Protection Officer in work related to various internal executive groups
- Support security and privacy incident response (including evaluating notification requirements)
- Keep current and maintain subject matter expertise on privacy legal and regulatory developments both in the US and internationally and brief senior business leaders on relevant change
- Evaluate the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry proposals involving privacy and security across Argo Group
- Develop, manage and participate in internal privacy compliance programs and processes to ensure Argo Group meets its obligations under those programs
- Work side-by-side with the legal and business teams to help internal stakeholders meet company goals
- Gain exposure to and advise on highly sophisticated legal and business matters
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Juris Doctorate required
- Licensed attorney in one of the following jurisdictions: Texas, New York, or California
- At least 5 years of experience working in-house at a technology company
- Experience working with engineering teams and IT security teams
- Experience with incident and data breach response
- Experience handling privacy regulatory compliance such as GDPR data privacy impact assessments and data mapping
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude
- Exceptional academic and law firm training
- CIPP certification preferred, but not required
In addition, youll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel.
- We are committed to our clients and to each other.
- We have the courage to do the right thing.
- We apply original thinking.
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
About Argo Group
- According to Forbes magazine, Argo Group is among Americas 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0002638
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.