Avp, Accounting Operations
AVP, Accounting Operations US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/AVP--Accounting-Operations_R0002649/apply
AVP, Accounting Operations
The AVP, US Accounting Operations will lead the AP, Premium Receivable and Premium Tax teams. The role interacts with senior level executives, so strong business and financial acumen are necessary and the capability to articulate strategy is critical. The role will be responsible for delivery and improvement on all processes and system integrations. We are looking for a positive leader with a passion for developing people to extract their potential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivering accounting and operational support across all areas of the business.
- Oversee daily/monthly/quarterly operational activities. Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- With deep understanding of SOX requirements, ensure compliance in all transactions and support SOX testing request.
- Provide high quality reporting and analysis to be used both internally and externally.
- Develop systems, process and controls to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plan, perform, and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
- Identify improvement opportunities in current processes. Revamp processes that need enhancement, recommend solutions and implement changes.
- System-oriented. Evaluate feasibility to automate currently manual processes. Lead system implementations.
- Supervise, train and develop staff, ensuring job responsibilities are completed successfully and career progression is supported.
- Grow and mentor accounting professionals.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Ability to cross department lines and work with others collaboratively outside of Finance.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- A minimum of 12 years in accounting and at least 5 years at management positions with progressing responsibilities and demonstrated experience managing insurance accounting operations teams. Prior experience in a publicly traded company preferred.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage deadlines and balance competing priorities in a progressive environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0002649
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.