Licensing Administrator US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Licensing-Administrator_R0002660/apply
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities.
We are looking for a highly capable Licensing Administrator to join our team and work from our San Antonio (TX) office. This position will manage the Argo Group US licensing and appointment function for our adjusters, brokers, agents, and agencies.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist employees in obtaining all required licenses and ensure all licenses are maintained
- Submit initial/renewal applications for Argo Group US licensees
- Submit appointment notices to various states based on requests from internal partners
- Submit background reports on new agents being appointed
- Process invoices for charges associated with licensing and appointments
- Provide periodic licensing/appointment reports to direct manager
- Provide periodic appointment reports to various business unit representatives
- Ensure compliance with applicable state laws and insurance regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university required
- At least 3 years of directly related license administration experience in the insurance industry
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argo Groups and our customers ability to be profitable)
- A strong focus on execution in getting things done right, coupled with a proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results to all stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently against deadlines
- Ability to research and respond to criticisms, inquiries, and requests for information from internal and external sources
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
In addition, youll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel.
- We are committed to our clients and to each other.
- We have the courage to do the right thing.
- We apply original thinking.
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
About Argo Group
- According to Forbes magazine, Argo Group is among Americas 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR0002660
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.