Position Summary The Carlyle Group seeks a global benefits professional responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring strategic benefits programs and policies across the organization that are cost-effective, fit within our Total Rewards philosophy, and are globally consistent and locally competitive to meet the needs of different employee populations. Role provides consultative benefits advice across multiple regions and countries and effectively negotiates with external clients, vendors and other service providers. Role researches and advises on benefits best practices that are current in the international market and allow us to provide best-in-class offerings that align with business strategy.
Auto req ID
- Bachelors Degree required
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting preferred
- PHR, SPHR or benefits certification preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint skills required
- Minimum of 10 years of total work experience with 5+ years of management experience required
- Benefits consulting experience with at least one corporate role during career preferred
- Experience managing employee benefit plans across multiple global jurisdictions required
- Ability to work alone on a broad variety of projects and also work with teams required
- Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills required
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills required
- Working knowledge of benefits requirements and regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, etc.) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles required
- Experience with data analysis and reporting required
- Ability to identify approaches, risks, and mitigation strategies required
- Lead the development, administration, and communication of insurance and non-insurance benefits (including records management, plan documents and policies/handbooks updates) on a global basis. Includes consulting with office and regional benefits leads across the organization.
- Global benefits budget management including analysis of variances, trends, and reporting
- Ad hoc special projects under the direction of the Head of Incentives & HR Ops
- Assist with developing, recommending, and implementing changes to HR business processes
- Monitor trends and new developments in the area of HR compliance and brings issues forward for implementation
- Maintains HR Portal as primary repository for HR program information
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $223 billion of assets under management across 362 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2019. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the worlds largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,775 professionals operating in 33 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. Carlyles purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across four segments Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.