Financial Resource Management - ICG NAM Capital Strategy Summer Analyst 2021
You're the brains behind our work.
The management of capital, liquidity, collateral and balance sheet is a key area of focus for senior management in the current environment, recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. As a firm, our ability to effectively lead our businesses in these areas will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness. Your time here will look something like this...
In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, team-oriented meritocracy where everyone has a voice and your ideas could have a powerful, immediate impact. The team's primary focus is developing and executing strategies geared toward optimizing capital efficiency across our businesses. The team is actively involved in analytical and advocacy efforts related to regulatory capital rules. Key benefits include development of specialized capital knowledge, experience developing and executing complex analytical processes, exposure to senior leadership and multiple products across Markets (including Credit, Rates, FX, Equities, and Securitization), and working in a rewarding, creative, and dynamic environment. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Financial Resources Management (FRM) provides in-business leadership on capital and liquidity efficiency across the Institutional Clients Group. The team exists to solve complex problems, concentrating on regulatory capital and liquidity management and efficiency opportunities to support the business strategy of Markets and Securities Services, and the larger Institutional Clients Group franchise. This broad mandate includes driving business strategy for capital management, advising senior management and clients on implications of regulatory change and strategic priorities, coordinating advocacy efforts, and leading and participating in cross-business and cross-functional working groups to deliver improved data, calculation and management processes related to capital, collateral and liquidity. We want to hear from you if...
Display interest in:
Structuring and solving problems, analyzing position and portfolio level data (financial, risk and returns metrics) to identify efficiency opportunities, working as an integral part of the team to develop capital and liquidity strategy solutions to support business efforts & synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations, developing research and analysis plans,quantitative and qualitative analysis of key capital and liquidity rules and guidelines; identify and explain both business drivers and technical issues & acting as a bridge between Risk, Finance, Tech, and product groups to identify and deliver capital management solutions, drive ad hoc analyses, and address episodic issues to ensure accurate calculation of capital and liquidity metrics, and delivering quantitative and qualitative analyses, with high quality presentation material & leading project workstreams Who we think will be a great fit...
• You will earn a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Science, Math, Financial Engineering, Physics, or related field by June 2022
• You currently maintain a 3.5 GPA or above
• Analytical aptitude regarding data analysis and quantitative strategies
• Ability to visualize concepts and analytics, and contribute to impactful presentations
• Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
• Superior attention to detail and level of accuracy
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of asset classes or regulatory familiarity is a plus
• Experience assessing data for patterns to spot anomalies, with relational database systems and statistics packages (SAS, SQL, etc.),ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm, and familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
Application Instructions: Candidates must apply through  www.careers.citi.com in order to be considered for this role.