Facilities Area Manager At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Facilities Area Manager
, you will manage a team that performs and manages projects related to design engineering, operations, and/or maintenance of facility electrical, mechanical, life safety, and critical backup systems for buildings in the assigned geographical area. Plan, schedule and track the work of consultants and contract workers providing services within the building. Coordinate services with other elements of Facilities. Hire, manage, train, develop and evaluate staff and/or contractors providing services. Develop, implement, document and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Recommend updates and improvements to facilities. THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Direct construction, renovation, repair and maintenance activities within the building(s), most of them performed by contractors.
- In leased property, represent the company to landlords in the identification, planning, and scheduling of services to be provided by the landlord or vendors.
- Represent the company in project oversight and quality assurance inspections to ensure proper execution of specifications and standards. Manage expense reporting and budget adherence to assigned projects from project inception through closeout.
- Formulate and implement preventive maintenance programs including scheduling to ensure minimal disruption of building services and ordering of parts and equipment for repair, maintenance, and installation.
- Lead and support emergency management and response. Collaborate with other Facilities staff and management in providing for business continuity and disaster recovery planning or procedures. Prepare reports for management concerning costs and budget projections for ongoing repair, maintenance or construction projects. Ensure that work and expenditures are approved in a manner consistent with corporate internal controls and reporting procedures.
- Respond to escalated and sensitive inquiries and other requests for data. Document and analyze interactions. Report results. Ensure positive outcomes. Confer with corporate and business unit managers to determine scope and method of facilities services required.
- Formulate, submit, and manage the budget for the facilities services function. Create monthly variance reports. Identify and implement best practices and procedures for pertinent facilities operations functions. Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Manage all service contractors and related procurement needs. Collaborate with other Facilities staff and management concerned with security, business resiliency, building systems, and maintenance and with business unit management concerning special events, drills, large moves, occupancy issues, and the like.
- Develop team members, coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress and maintain schedules.
- Oversee management of vendors and contractors for facility support services, to include, but not limited to custodial, general maintenance, mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance, landscaping, carpentry/painting, etc. Ensure compliance with the company's vendor management process.
#LI-VN1 THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Proven track record of success in roles requiring exceptional planning, project management and cross-functional partnerships to assure alignment to schedule, budget, and quality objectives
- Proven ability to analyze/trouble shoot and make recommendations in alignment with business goals, budget, internal controls, safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to lead in a matrix organizational structure and build consensus
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and ADA requirements, state and local building codes and fire codes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, building automation and maintenance management systems
- Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- IFMA or BOMI Certification preferred
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Primary Location:
TX-Plano Work Locations: Job:
Fannie Mae Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: