Java/Big Data Software Engineer
- Plano, TX, USA Plano TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- MThree Consulting
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Our Client, a top tier financial services institution based in Plano, TX, is looking for a Java/Big Data Software Engineer to join the team.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed technical solution.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and daily stand up discussions as part of an application development scrum team.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations, incorporate security requirements into design, and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural and Secure design Standards into application design specifications.
- Enforcement of development and testing standards will be achieved through regular code reviews of peers and enabling automated unit and functional testing.
- Work with your team to ensure proper documentation of detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules, and develop and enhance software application modules.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science with 3+ years’ experience in building applications in Java, with solid understanding of Spring framework
- Design and develop applications using Java 8, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Kafka, HDFS, Cassandra
- Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Repository Management (Git)
- Good knowledge of NoSQL and SQL
- Solid hands on experience working with Oracle database
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms with good understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles, architecture and prevalent design patterns
- Experience with big data technologies is a must.