At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
The Application Manager is responsible for the creation, upgrading, and supporting of an application or application class.
- Partners with financial services business line to advise upon technology needs and develop solutions for deficiencies involving process, products or technology
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a line of business specific technology capabilities roadmap, aligned with business priorities. Aligns and directs resources associated with the delivery of roadmap items.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners (such as Line of Business Leadership, Core Technology, Risk, PMO, Procurement, Reporting and Analytics).
- Develop subject matter expert on systems in order to dissect applications and data to identify application defects, deficiencies and areas for improvement. Prioritizes and implements solutions to address areas for improvement.
- Participates in vendor management activities with assigned vendors for the applications owned / including adherence to contract terms and SLA management. Act as the primary point of escalation for the vendor performance.
- Participates in the design and implementation of technical solutions for line of business sponsored projects and line of business identified product and application needs
- Manages IT standards for portfolio of applications, such as change control, data management, Information Privacy, Information Security, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and Audit.
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in relevant field required (e.g. MIS, CIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting)
- 5+ years of experience with application support or development
- 5+ years experience in Banking / Financial Services experience required
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with internal partners required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to cross-train team members required
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and present to senior executives in IT and business line.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills preferred
- Project management, process management design and/or Agile skills preferred
- Ability to gain subject matter expertise on a suite of applications and cross-train team members on application information
- Outstanding organizational and effective time management skills required
- Ability to lead cross-functional and diverse team structures, via a matrixed leadership approach or direct reporting relationship
- Superior problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Experience in scoping and participating in large, complex cross-functional projects
- Ability to develop and establish positive working relationships across the organization