Software Engineer - CIMD - Consumer Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CONSUMER
( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $90 billion in deposits, $7 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Provide digitally-advanced financial products to retail consumers
• Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
• Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
• Help to drive a new, strategic, business line
• Integrate with best in class strategic partners
• Drive funnel optimization and client acquisition SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
• Expertise in React JS, HTML5, Java
• Experience integrating with Restful web services
• Comfort with Agile Operating Models PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Comfort operating in a matrix environment
• Experience with microservice based architecture ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity