At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of whats possibletogether.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate evaluation and approval/denial of loan conditions according to investor and bank guidelines
- Reviews and ensures data integrity to confirm the accuracy of the automated underwriting system's (AUS) findings
- Applies internal, investor and federal regulations to the decision process to ensure loan quality
- Analyze and verify the employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics and all other information on the borrower pertinent to the credit decision process
- Respond within published SLAs to all condition reviews and audit findings
- Communicates the required conditions and stipulations effectively
- Train and mentor underwriters
- Adhere to all internal and external NPI procedures and policies
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend program changes and new program
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position preferred
- 5 years residiential mortgage underwriting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Fannie, Freddie, FHA, VA and USDA agency guidelines and procedures
- Analysis skills in the areas of credit, asset, collateral, layered risk and income evaluation including self employed borrowers
- Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU), Loan Prospector (LP) and Government Underwriting System (GUS)
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to manage priorities
- Thorough knowledge of residential mortgage loan documentation requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must