Schwab Compliance Solutions is comprised of Schwab Compliance Technologies (SCT) and Designated Brokerage Services (DBS); with offices for Chicago, Phoenix, New York, Boston, and Denver. Schwab Compliance Solutions (SCT), a non-broker/dealer, provides cloud-based compliance automation software for brokerage firms, hedge funds, investment advisors, private equity firms, pension funds and public companies. SCT provides a scalable and customizable platform to centralize their employees’ disclosures, tracking, surveillance and reporting in accordance with SEC/FINRA regulations and individual corporate compliance policies and codes.
What youre good at
The Database Analyst & Developer is responsible to serve as a key member of development team. The ideal candidate should have approximately 5-7years of strong experience in Designing Database, solid understanding of Relational Database Fundamentals, Performance Tuning,
understanding of basic Database Administration activities and experience working with Java/J2EE based web application backend using Oracle.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 5-7 Years of Database Development experience with Oracle PL/SQL including creating Packages, Procedures, Functions, other DB Objects
- 1-3 Years of strong experience Generating Data Models, Database Design & Implementation
- Strong experience working with Oracle SQL
- Extensive working experience with SQL Tuning
- Primary understanding & Experience of Database Administration Activities
- Excellent technical design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of System Architecture & Relational Database Concepts
- Domain knowledge of financial services is preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Application development experience using J2EE(Java, JSP, Ajax, WebLogic)
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor SQL performance and resolve any bottlenecks.
- Working knowledge of Bitbucket, JIRA, confluence
What you have
- Full involvement with the technical design, development, unit testing, deployment and maintenance of application from the Database Perspective
- Work on Creating Packages, Procedures and/Functions using Oracle PL/SQL to support application development
- Work with Development Team to design any new database structures (i.e. data modeling and creation of new database objects)
- Work on creating Database Batch Jobs
- Perform ad hoc reporting required by Services Team to help client experience after approval by Manager
- Work on the debugging of any Production issue or defect related to database code or data related problems. To be next level of support for Services Team helping them to troubleshoot any client issues. Provide guidance to identify issue as defect, requirement/change enhancement or data issue.
- Work with DBA to help them to understand the Database Model changes business requirements
- Work with Java Developers to support database code changes or new database code
- Work on refactoring existing application code for better performance and security and future needs.
- Work on Query and DB code tuning for Performance Improvement
- Work on creating unit testing documentation for DB code
- Help and Work on documentation for DB code & Create ER diagrams, Data Model
- Keep updating and implementing new Oracle Database Development Practices
- Work on Query/Performance Analysis required for the application and create a documentation for the analysis
- May have to help in DBA activities in absence of Primary DBA under direction of Manager or Technology manager
- Run Monthly Subscription Report, database activities